Frequently Asked Questions
TIPS FOR YOU (THE CONSUMER)Windows, Solar Panels, and You
1) Keep them clean. Cleaning of windows/solar panels reduces the corrosive effects of dirt, moisture, and contaminants. Regular cleaning will reduce the number of insects, spiders, etc. inside your home.
2) Solar panel cleaning is critical. Avoid simply “hosing down” your solar panels. Tap water can leave mineral deposits on the panel and block sunlight as effectively as dirt. Deionized water, with a cleaner is ideal.
3) Maximize the electrical output. Keeping solar panels free of soil, bird droppings, etc. is key to getting maximum benefit from the panels. Half of the production of electricity can be lost to soil buildup.
4) Use a professional. Knowledge of the proper cleaners and professional equipment keeps everyone safe. Professionals know how to move around on delicate roof surfaces and how to put water on panels which are electrical components.
5) Additional benefits. Professionals will use drop cloths, shoe covers, and bring an awareness of floors and walls vulnerable to dripping. Lastly, the “feel” in a room when the windows are spotless, is cleanness itself.